AOC’s Green New Deal Promises Govt Guaranteed Jobs for All, Elimination of Air Travel
The Green New Deal policy package introduced by socialist Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is riddled with a number of radical, big government, outrageous ideas.
Among them, “overhauling transportation systems,” building “charging stations everywhere” for electric cars, guaranteeing jobs for all, and making air travel “unnecessary” through an increase in high-speed rail systems.
Oh, and if you can’t or don’t want to work, the government will provide you with “economic security.”
The so-called Green New Deal seeks to cut carbon emissions across the economy while creating jobs and somehow “boosting” the economy.
NPR points out some of the ridiculous goals of the Green New Deal:
- “upgrading all existing buildings” in the country for energy efficiency;
- working with farmers “to eliminate pollution and greenhouse gas emissions… as much as is technologically feasible” (while supporting family farms and promoting “universal access to healthy food”);
- “Overhauling transportation systems” to reduce emissions — including expanding electric car manufacturing, building “charging stations everywhere,” and expanding high-speed rail to “a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary”;
- A guaranteed job “with a family-sustaining wage, adequate family and medical leave, paid vacations and retirement security” for every American;
- “High-quality health care” for all Americans.
Other outrageous goals of the Green New Deal–highlighted by the Federalist— include:
- “Free education for life. GND promises free college or trade schools for every American.
- A salubrious diet. The GND promises the government will provide “healthy food” to every American (because there are no beans or lettuce in your local supermarket, I guess).
- A house. The GND promises that the government will provide, “safe, affordable, adequate housing” for every American citizen…
- Free money. The GND aims to provide, and I am not making this up, “economic security” for all who are “unable or unwilling” to work. Just to reiterate: if you’re unwilling to work, the rest of us will have your back.
- Bonus insanity: Ban meat. Ocasio-Cortez admits that we can’t get zero emissions in 10 years “because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast.” The only way to get rid of farting cows is to get rid of beef.”
“Even the solutions that we have considered big and bold are nowhere near the scale of the actual problem that climate change presents to us,” Ocasio-Cortez told NPR today.
“It could be part of a larger solution, but no one has actually scoped out what that larger solution would entail. And so that’s really what we’re trying to accomplish with the Green New Deal,” she continued.