Meadows’ revelation came Tuesday after he told Hill.Tv’s “Rising” that he is planning on holding a hearing on Dec. 5 with Attorney John Huber, who was appointed by then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate the Clinton Foundation and allegations of FBI misconduct.
“Mr. Huber with the Department of Justice and FBI has been having an investigation — at least part of his task was to look at the Clinton Foundation and what may or may not have happened as it relates to improper activity with that charitable foundation..,” he said.
Meadows said his committee is working on getting testimonies from whistleblowers who “would indicate that there is a great probability of significant improper activity that’s happening in and around the Clinton Foundation.”
The Hill reports that “Meadows…said the committee plans to delve into a number of Republicans concerns surrounding the foundation, including whether any tax-exempt proceeds were used for personal gain and whether the foundation complied with IRS laws.”
The Clinton Foundation has a long history of troubling dealings, many of which are outlined in the bestselling book by Peter Schweizer, Clinton Cash: The Untold Story of How and Why Foreign Governments and Businesses Helped Make Bill and Hillary Rich.
Consider the below list as a small example of some of the questionable behavior of the Clinton Foundation as laid out by Breitbart:
- Hillary’s Foundation Hid a $2.35 Million Foreign Donation from the Head of the Russian Govt’s Uranium Company that Had Business Before Hillary Clinton’s State Dept.—a Clear Violation of the Memorandum of Understanding with the Obama Administration
- Bill Clinton Bagged $500,000 for a Speech in Moscow Paid for by a Kremlin-linked Bank
- Hillary’s Brother Sits on the Board of a Mining Company that Scored an Extremely Rare “Gold Exploitation Permit” in Haiti as Hillary and Bill Clinton Disbursed Billions of U.S. Taxpayer Dollars in Haiti
- Hillary’s Approval of the Russian Takeover of Uranium One Transferred 20% of All U.S. Uranium to the Russian Govt.
- At Least $26 Million of the Clintons’ Wealth Comes from Speaking Fees by Companies and Organizations that are Also Major Clinton Foundation Donors