A student wrongly accused by many in the media of racist and bigoted behavior during January’s March for Life in Washington, D.C. is hitting CNN with a massive lawsuit.
Alleging “vicious” and “dire” attacks by the network, Kentucky Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann will sue CNN for $250 million, according to his attorney, L. Lin Wood.
Speaking with Fox News host Mark Levin, Wood said “CNN was probably more vicious in its direct attacks on Nicholas than The Washington Post. And CNN goes into millions of individuals’ homes,”
“They really went after Nicholas with the idea that he was part of a mob that was attacking the Black Hebrew Israelites, yelling racist slurs at the Black Hebrew Israelites. Totally false,” he said.
“Now you say you’ve seen the tape; if you took the time to look at the full context of what happened that day, Nicholas Sandmann did absolutely nothing wrong. He was, as I’ve said to others, he was the only adult in the room,” he continued.
Wood said CNN simply couldn’t resist attacking a “young boy” with a Make America Great Again hat.
“But you have a situation where CNN couldn’t resist the idea that here’s a guy with a young boy, that Make America Great Again cap on,” he said. “So they go after him.”
Wood continued: “The CNN folks were online on Twitter at 7 a.m retweeting the little one-minute propaganda piece that had been put out. … They’re out there right away going after this young boy. And they maintain it for at least two days. Why didn’t they stop and just take an hour and look through the Internet and find the truth and then report it? Maybe do that before you report the lies.”
The lawsuit, according to Wood, will be filed Monday or Tuesday the latest.
Last month, Sandmann sued the Washington Post for $250 million, accusing the paper of targeting him through a “modern day form of McCarthyism” and “using its vast financial resources to enter the bully pulpit by publishing a series of false and defamatory print and online articles … to smear a young boy who was in its view an acceptable casualty in their war against the president.”
In January Sandmann and his fellow students were wrongly accused by many on the left and in the media of being disrespectful and bigoted towards Native American a protester while they attended the March for Life in Washington D.C. However, a full video of the incident reveals that the students were taunted by protesters–most likely–for wearing pro-Trump MAGA hats. The extended version of the video also shows the Native American approaching the students.
Video also shows the students were harassed by a group of “Black Hebrew Israelites” who called the children products of incest, “peckerwoods” and “dusty ass crackers,” among other names.