Dan Bongino Sues Daily Beast for $15 Million
Dan Bongino has filed a $15 million defamation lawsuit against liberal, online publication the Daily Beast after the website refused to retract and correct a false story it posted about him.
The federal complaint, filed today in the Southern District of Florida calls the Daily Beast a “digital assassin owned and controlled by billionaire Clinton-devotees” and states that the website published an article on Dec 10, 2018 claiming Dan was “dropped” from NRATV when in fact, he did not renew his contract.
Prior to posting the false and defamatory story, the author of the article, Lachlan Markay texted Dan and wrote “Heard you didn’t renew with NRA TV?”–an indication that he was aware of the circumstances surrounding Dan’s status with his former employer.
Rather than report the truth as told to Markay by his source, the publication deliberately misrepresented that Dan had been fired from NRATV.
The Daily Beast’s blatantly false story about Dan was the latest in a series of articles aimed at disparaging his character. In fact, the leftist website had previously published an egregious mischaracterization of statements Dan made about the Parkland High School students and gun rights.
“The liberal activists inside of many media outlets have gotten away with character assassination for way too long,” says Dan. “The Daily Beast tried to smear me, and I guess they thought I would just take it. They were wrong.”
Listen to today’s Dan Bongino Show podcast for more details on Dan’s legal battle with the Daily Beast.