Gavin Newsom Seen in Fresno Restaurant Despite Ban on In-Person Dining in Area

Gavin Newsom Seen in Fresno Restaurant Despite Ban on In-Person Dining in Area

After having already created plenty of controversy for dining with members of other households in an upscale French restaurant while warning Californians against doing the same, Gov. Gavin Newsom was seen inside a Fresno Mexican restaurant despite restrictions in the area banning indoor dining.

From Fox News:

California Gov. Gavin Newsom appeared indoors at a restaurant in a county where indoor dining is not allowed, but the governor’s office has said he did not dine at the restaurant.

He was there to meet with the restaurant’s owners, who received a relief grant, Newsom spokesperson Daniel Lopez told Fox News.

 Newsom posted a video to his TikTok account with celebrity George Lopez talking about where to look for coronavirus vaccine eligibility. Newsom and Lopez were in Fresno, Calif., and are inside Los Amigos restaurant.

But a separate video featuring Lopez endorsing the restaurant’s food posted on the Los Amigos restaurant’s Facebook page may contradict Newsom’s denial, with the establishment boasting that Lopez tried the food and liked it during the event.

A photo also went viral on Twitter showing what appeared to be food and beverages on a table near Newsom during the event.

Of course, this wouldn’t be the first time Newsom found himself in hot water for ignoring local coronavirus restrictions:

In early November, Newsom was spotted dining at the posh French Laundry in Napa for the birthday of a longtime adviser. Indoor dining was not open to the public in Napa. Newsom earned bitter backlash for the outing, which he later called “a mistake.”

“I should have stood up and … drove back to my house…The spirit of what I’m preaching all the time was contradicted,” he said. ” I need to preach and practice, not just preach.”

Newsom said in his apology that he wanted to “own” his mistake because he worried it would undermine the message of safety he wanted to send to residents.

That incident led to the current recall effort against Newsom, which so far has generated 1.825 million of the required 1.5 million signatures required to advance the measure. Organizers have until March 17 to collect signatures, looking to collect well over the minimum necessary to combat any signatures that are ruled invalid.

The campaign for Kevin Faulconer, Newsom’s potential opponent in a recall election, hit the governor for the optics of appearing in another restaurant:

“Gavin Newsom continues to show that he’s nothing but an incompetent elitist who could care less about California families,” John Burke, communications director for Kevin Faulconer for Governor, said in a statement to Fox News. “His failures have crippled our state’s economy and upended the lives of millions of families. We’re going to recall him and begin a California comeback to get our state on track.”

Newsom can’t be out of office soon enough.


Don’t miss The Dan Bongino Show

Previous
GOP Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy Says He Would Bet His House Republicans Retake Majority in 2022
Next
"Arrest Cuomo" T-Shirts a Big Hit at CPAC