Media Still Hasn’t Called Eight House Races – Republicans Lead All of Them
That the polls were wrong in 2016 presidential election is no secret. That they were even more wrong in 2020 is a fact pollsters would rather ignore.
It wasn’t just the presidential race either. Democrats were projected to take control over the Senate and increase their control in the House. While we won’t know the fate of the Senate for certain until January, Democrats now have the slimmest majority in the House since two centuries ago. Of 27 House races that the Cook Political Report listed as “toss-ups,” Republicans won every single one. Republicans also won 7 of 36 seats.
— Bruce Mehlman (@bpmehlman) November 27, 2020
There are eight races that still haven’t been decided by the media – and the Republican has the lead in every single one of them.
The Daily Wire’s Ryan Saaverda assembled a list of those eight races that haven’t been officially called, and the margin by which the Republican is leading:
California’s 21st Congressional District; 98% reported:
- Republican David Valadao: 50.5%
- Democrat TJ Cox (incumbent): 49.5%
California’s 25th Congressional District; 98% reported:
- Republican Mike Garcia (incumbent): 50.06%
- Democrat Christy Smith: 49.94%
Iowa’s 2nd Congressional District; 89% reported:
- Republican Mariannette Miller-Meeks: 196,880 votes
- Democrat Rita Hart: 196,841 votes
New York’s 1st Congressional District; 77% reported:
- Republican Lee Zeldin (incumbent): 61.3%
- Democrat Nancy Goroff: 38.7%
New York’s 2nd Congressional District; 84% reported:
- Republican Andrew Garbarino: 56.4%
- Democrat Jackie Gordon: 42.6%
New York’s 11th Congressional District; 85% reported:
- Republican Nicole Malliotakis: 57.9%
- Democrat Max Rose (incumbent): 42.1%
New York’s 22nd Congressional District; 92% reported:
- Republican Claudia Tenney: 50.4%
- Democrat Anthony Brindisi (incumbent): 47.4%
New York’s 24th Congressional District; 92% reported:
- Republican John Katko (incumbent): 57.4%
- Democrat Dana Balter: 38.9%
While these races are still undeclared by the media, John Katko, Jackie Gordon, and Max Rose have all conceded their races, and Mike Garcia has declared victory in his.