An ultimatum was delivered to the Trump administration by a group of migrants attempting to make their way into the U.S.: allow them to enter the United States or pay them each $50,000 to turn around and go home.
The outrageous request came Tuesday as two migrant groups marched to the U.S. consulate in Tijuana with a list of demands, according to a report by Fox News.
“The first group of caravan members, that included about 100 migrants, arrived at the consulate around 11 a.m. Alfonso Guerreo Ulloa, an organizer from Honduras, said the $50,000 figure was chosen as a group,” writes Fox.
“It may seem like a lot of money to you,” Ulloa told the San Diego Union Tribune. “But it is a small sum compared to everything the United States has stolen from Honduras.”
Ulloa says the money would help the migrants return home and start businesses.
A second group of about 50 migrants sent a letter to the U.S. to demand they speed up the asylum process and allow up to 300 asylum seekers to enter the U.S. each day through the San Ysidro Port of Entry in San Diego.
Approximately 6,000 migrants have traveled from Central America to Tijuana as part of the “migrant caravan.” So far, according to Fox News, around 700 of them left and returned home, 300 have been deported, and 2,500 applied for humanitarian visas in Mexico.
Click HERE for the full report.