Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan has been accused of leaking details of planned ICE raids after expressing his “fierce opposition” to President Trump’s targeting of 2,000 families for defying orders to return to their home countries after illegally entering the U.S.

The DHS official is also being accused of issuing “stand down” orders to top officials.

Fox reports:

A source familiar with the matter told Fox News that when the operation was in its planning phase two weeks ago, McAleenan ordered ICE Acting Director Mark Morgan to call off the deportation operation that was expected to target 2,000 families in up to 10 cities across the country. President Trump, however, ordered that Morgan continue as planned — until he abruptly announced Saturday he was delaying the raids to see if Congress could work out a solution to the “Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border.”

Advertisement

According to the source, DHS had been planning the raids since April (prior to McAleenan’s appointment as acting director) and that he had been opposed to the plans “since its inception.”

**LISTEN: Dan discusses the explosive new Project Veritas video about Google’s tyranny**

“He is the one that wanted to make sure this operation did not go forward,” the source said. “He has been fighting this operation since its inception.”

On Saturday, former ICE Director Tom Homan sounded off against McAleenan during an appearance on Fox News.

“You’ve got the acting secretary of Homeland Security resisting what ICE is trying to do,” Homan said. “He does not support this operation, and I tell you what, if that’s his position, then he’s on the wrong side of this issue.”

According to Homan, McAleenan was behind a recent Washington Post story which published explicit details of the planned deportation raids.

“The story, written by Post immigration reporter Nick Miroff, said the raids would take place before dawn, in major cities including Houston, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles. Miroff also reported that the planned raids would begin on Sunday,” writes Fox.

Advertisement

Homan told Fox, “When this story was leaked, they gave the location of the cities, the day this was supposed to start, how many targets. This leak, which I know where the leak came from, I think we all know where the leak came from. That story only benefits one person. Put these officers at greater risk of harm. I know the president said we’re going to do an operation, one million people in a week. He didn’t give the location. He didn’t give the number of targets.”

For the full report, click HERE.