The 20 Most Obnoxious Liberal Quotes of 2020
20) “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.” — Joe Biden
19) “Did (Donald Trump) just say 545 kids they can’t find their parents for came over through ‘cartels and coyotes’?! How the hell does a coyote bring a whole human across the border?! Lord—–stop talking.” — Dar’shun Kendrick
18) “The Minneapolis Police Department has proven themselves beyond reform. It’s time to disband them and reimagine public safety in Minneapolis.” — Ilhan Omar
17) “Saturday at my football game I’ll tell the police officer on duty to ‘protect’ me he can just take the day off. [For real]. I’d rather not have the officer shoot me because he feared for his life because of my Black [sic] skin or other dumb ish. I’m not signing my own death certificate.” — ESPN’s Mark Jones
16) “Instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person coming at ‘em with a knife or something, shoot ‘em in the leg instead of in the heart.” — Joe Biden
15) “I want to be clear on how I characterize this. This is mostly a protest. It is not generally speaking unruly.” — MSNBC’s Ali Velshi on riots in Minneapolis, with a building literally on fire behind him in the shot.
14) “Because White votes currently count more than Black ones, double-counting Black votes would restore electoral balance. Vote reparations would be a giant step toward remedying our nation’s long history of denying and devaluing Black votes. To address systemic racism, we must transform how we choose our government.” — Brandon Hasbrouck, assistant professor at Washington and Lee University School of Law.
13) “To your relatives and loved ones telling them you will not be visiting them or answering phone calls until they take significant action in supporting Black lives either through protest or financial contributions.” — Chad Sanders in a New York Times column.
12) “Conservatives CANNOT be teachers, police officers, doctors, lawyers, coaches, or bosses. It’s constitutionally unfair to others who are subjected to the conservative’s deranged judgment. Conservatives can do menial work, until they’re ready to join the human race.” — Bill Palmer
11) “Two-thirds of all White guys voted for Trump. That means anytime you see three White guys walking at you, down the street toward you, two of them voted for Trump. You need to move over to the other sidewalk because these are not good people that are walking toward you. You should be afraid of them.” — Michael Moore
10) “If you have to ask if you are a racist, you are. And if you are not asking if you are a racist, you are.” — Angela Bell, an assistant professor of psychology at Lafayette College as quoted by CNN.
9) “We’re not going to make America great again. It was never that great. We have not reached greatness.” — New York Governor Andrew Cuomo
8) “Me-first capitalists who think you can separate society from business are going to be the first people lined up against the wall and shot in the revolution. I’ll happily provide video commentary.” — Dick Costolo, former CEO of Twitter.
7) “If this country doesn’t give us what we want then we will burn down the system and replace it. All right. And I could be speaking figuratively, I could be speaking literally. It’s a matter of interpretation.” — Hawk Newsome, the president of Greater New York Black Lives Matter.
6) “To me, I don’t care if it’s a George Washington statue or Thomas Jefferson, they all need to come down.” — Angela Rye on CNN.
5) “It’s at a moment like this that I want to find an anti-masker and beat them to death. Since they believe they have the right to kill others, they have surrendered any right to object.” — Kurt Eichenwald
4) “Terrorist Trump must be defeated… and his enablers, and his supporters… and the Mike Lees, and the William Barrs… and the Kyle Rittenhouses and the Amy Coney Barrett’s must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society.” — Keith Olbermann
3) “The White supremacist institution of policing that stole Breonna Taylor’s life from us must be abolished for the safety and well-being of our people.” — Colin Kaepernick
2) “If children can’t consent to puberty blockers which pause any permanent changes even with the relevant professional evaluation, how can they consent to the permanent and irreversible changes that come with their own puberty with no professional evaluation whatsoever? This is literally a position that permanent changes are fine as long as you’re not trans. An inability to offer informed consent or understand the long-term consequences is actually an argument for putting every single cis and trans person on puberty blockers until they acquire that ability.” — Zinnia Jones
1) “So, this is just a warning to you Trumpers. Be careful, walk lightly, we ain’t playing with you. Enough of the shenanigans. Enough is enough. And for those of you who are soldiers, you know how to do it. Do it right, be in order, make them pay.” — Michigan Democratic State Rep. Cynthia Johnson