Trump: Pelosi REJECTED My Request for National Guard Presence Ahead of January 6
Following the January 6th “siege” on the Capitol, the Left used the opportunity to push two contradictory narratives.
First, Trump got the blame got “inciting an insurrection,” leading to a second pointless impeachment trail. Meanwhile, we were told that this siege was planned out in the open on conservative alternative social media networks like Parler. In reality Facebook and Twitter played a larger role, but narrative trumps reality for the left, and they successfully pressured Amazon to pull Parler’s web hosting, taking the site offline for over a month. Crazies in Congress are also investigating the site’s ties to Trump, Russia, and the Capitol rioters.
One has to ask the question; if this siege was planned out in the open as claimed, how could Trump have incited it on January 6th, and more importantly, how was it not prevented? Perhaps it was allowed to happen – and not by Republicans.
Donald Trump joined Fox’s Steve Hilton last night after CPAC, and told him that he personally altered the Department of Defense days before the rally that the crowd was going to be much larger than anticipated. “I requested, I said, ‘look this rally is going to be bigger than anyone thinks, because everyone I’d see said, ‘oh we’re going to be at the rally, we’re going to be at the rally.” I think it was the largest crowd I’ve ever spoken before and I’ve spoken to very big crowds,” he said.
Spefically, Trump told the Defense Department to have 10,000 national guardsmen ready to deploy. Trump says that number was passed along to leaders at the Capitol, but that it was rejected for optics reasons (a concern no more, as thousands of troops are now still in D.C.). Trump added; “I said, I think you should 10,000… I definitely gave the number of 10,000 national guardsmen. I think you should have 10,000 of the national guard ready. They took that number, from what I understand, and they gave it to the people at the Capitol – which is controlled by Pelosi – and I heard they rejected it because it didn’t look good…. So, you know, that was a big mistake.”
And it’s not just Trump saying this. Earlier in February, House Republicans demanded answers from Pelosi on security decisions surrounding January 6th. They wrote in a letter: “It has been widely reported and confirmed by multiple sources that when Chief Sund requested the National Guard be activated ahead of the January 6th Joint Session of Congress, the response from the [Sergeant at Arms] SAA, acting on your behalf, was that the “optics” of having the National Guard on-site were not good and the intelligence didn’t support the move. The request was not approved. Furthermore, on January 6th, in the middle of the on-going attack of the Capitol, Chief Sund again notified the SAA of his request for approval to authorize the National Guard. It took over an hour for his request to be approved because the SAA had to run the request up the chain of command, which undoubtedly included you and your designees.”
Trump then pointed to the obvious double standard in how no one in the media cared about (and often made excuses for) antifa and other rioters burning down cities. “I hate to see it, I think it’s terrible, I hate to see it. I will tell you, I think it’s very interesting, however, when you see Washington burning and when you see Seattle burning and Portland burning and all these other places burning with Antifa and the radical left, nothing seems to happen, nobody seems to be bothered by that, and I hate to see that difference but I hated to see that sight at the Capitol, I hate to see all of that. But it is a double standard. I do hate to see that double standard. I think it’s very unfair.”